Firstly, wherever you are, Happy 2013. It’s my fervent wish that your year is filled with tones of plastic crack and many triumphant victories where you grind your enemies into the tabletop rendering them to all but a memory.
Ok, on to the post.
Today I finished off the forth board of the Forge World Realm of Battle Cityscape, the Concourse Sector. It’s a pretty straight forward paint scheme with the statue plinth being the focal point in white, clear marble. I have to admit, that is the one area of this section that I am very happy with. As you know, I’ve got two of these board sections and I plan to have them flanking the Shattered Plaza section with two Honoured Imperium Space Marine Statues on the top of each plinth. To add a bit of variety to the appearance of the Concourse Sectors, I’ve made one of the Space Marine Statues toppled. I’ll get into how I did it, but for now, lets look at some completed pictures of the board sections.
This shot includes the toppled statue.
Heres are reverse angle of the toppled statue. As I mentioned I’ll go into more detail about how I did it later in this post.
Here is a sneak peak of the four completed boards together. Four more to go, then I can move onto the scenery to go on top of them. Interestingly enough, just having a game on these sectors with out any additional scenery would be awesome, they are that good.
Ok, onto the toppled statue. I’ll let the pics do most of the talking…
So that it would look as “integrated” as possible on the sector I made a base out of plasti card and epoxy putty so it would fit snugly and “touch” the sector heavily. I also filled in the legs and made it look like they’d been smashed/shattered.
To try and help the base of the toppled statue appear as consistent looking with the rest of the sector I wanted the rubble on the base to look as close to the rubble on the sector as I could get it. To achieve this I got a few different types of basing material together. You can see in this picture kitty litter on the left, snake enclosure fill in the centre and a coarse sand from GW on the right.
One other thing I wanted to do for the two statues was to give them a nice solid base to help them stay put on the sector while a game is in place. So I filled up the statue base with some old nuts, bolts and washers….
Ok, thats me for today, thanks for dropping in. I’ve made it to the half way point with the boards, having painted four of the eight that I’ve got. I’m very pleased with how they are turning out and I’m enthusiastically anticipating making the scenery that will go on the tops of these boards. Stay tuned for further posts…
Bye for now